Thursday, March 29, 2018

WE DID IT!!!

Late last month I posted, trying to rally the blogging community to do something for the kids.  I mean, we talk about kids being the future of the hobby, so it seemed like a good idea.  Unfortunately it didn't receive the reception that I expected, which really disappointed me.  However, myself and six others put together enough money to send 300 Jonathan Cheechoo hockey cards north of the border. 


I'd like to thank the six folks that helped out.  Four of contributors were from Twitter:  @DieselDugong@workoutbaseball@realwesmoore (aka JBF of blogger lore) and @sunglaspro80.  Also helping out were Richard (who read the blog post) and David (not really sure where he found about it).  You six covered the cost of the cards and some of the priority shipping cost.  I picked up the shipping balance to get them in time for the tournament.  I can't thank you guys enough.  It's great what you all did to help the kids. 

I found the link below from CBC on the event.

LINK:  Indigenous youth hockey teams lace up at the Little NHL

Below is  the invoice for the purchased cards we bought.  I was able to get a very nice variety off of one Sportlots seller.  I can only imagine what he was thinking when he saw that many cards of one player ordered. 


Thanks again to those that pitched in.  I think we did a great thing and I feel really good for taking part in it.  Hopefully we nudged a future collector or two into the hobby!  

If you shop online and haven't signed up and used ebates yet, you're missing out.  I also use it on eBay to get money back from purchases there.  Between referrals and cash back, I've gotten over $150 in a year.  FREE CARDS!

If you're on Twitter, please give me a follow.  You can also find me on Trading Card Database.  I love trading cards, when it makes sense.  Happy collecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment