Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Seven Dollar Shot

Sometimes you just take a calculated gamble.  I'm not one of those guys that claims to be an autograph expert, nor do I have that desire. 

This item was on my watch list and when it got close there was no bid.  So, for the $3.49 minimum bid and $3.49 shipping, I went ahead and took a shot.  I mean, it DOES have a certificate of authenticity.  It HAS to be real! 


Since it's an 8x10, it will probably be filed away somewhere to be forgotten.  Ten years from now I will likely stumble upon it and it will be like Christmas morning.  That's worth $7 to me. 

If you shop online and haven't signed up and used ebates yet, you're missing out.  I also use it on eBay to get money back from purchases there.  Between referrals and cash back, I've gotten over $150 in a year (including $15 back on one Black Friday purchase last week).  FREE CARDS!  If you're on Twitter, please give me a follow.  Happy collecting!

2 comments:

  1. I've gambled on autographs and have gotten mixed results. The worst case scenario is it's fake... but it only cost you $7... and it's still a cool display piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Also, it's of a Hall-of-Famer that only has one trading card from his playing days. With such limited options, it's just a calculated risk.

      Delete