Thursday, December 21, 2017

Box Break & Review - 2017-18 Parkhurst Hockey #2

I posted a box break and review earlier this week of a blaster that I found last Friday.  It was the only blaster in the Walmart.  At lunch Monday, I went to one in west Fort Worth and was fortunate enough to find FOUR blasters!  I hope to complete my set and help a few others out in doing the same. 

Base Cards - 107 cards (36% of the complete set) with no duplicates.

What made me happy was that of those 107 cards, 106 were different from my first blaster.  Through two blasters my set is 71% complete.  The bad thing about Parkhurst based on last year and what I've seen on Twitter so far is the collation.  It's possible that when I open the third blaster I don't get one card that I need.  Sad but true. 

The other base card win for me was opening the first pack and staring back at me was my first Alex DeBrincat card.  I made it my card of the year and don't regret it at all. 

2017-18 Upper Deck Parkhurst #288 Alex DeBrincat 
Black Parallel (1:12 packs) - 1 - Alexander Wennberg


2017-18 Upper Deck Parkhurst - Black Border #67 Alexander Wennberg 

Red Parallel (1:3 packs) - 4 - 118 Nino Niederreiter, 203 Alex Pietrangelo, 250 Mark Scheifele, 266 Jordan Schmaltz

2017-18 Upper Deck Parkhurst - Red Border #118 Nino Niederreiter

2017-18 Upper Deck Parkhurst - Red Border #203 Alex Pietrangelo

2017-18 Upper Deck Parkhurst - Red Border #250 Mark Scheifele

2017-18 Upper Deck Parkhurst - Red Border #266 Jordan Schmaltz 
International (1:5 packs) - 3 - PI-3 Wayne Gretzky, PI-16 Jakub Voracek, PI-24 Mark Streit

2017-18 Upper Deck Parkhurst - Parkhurst International #PI-3 Wayne Gretzky

2017-18 Upper Deck Parkhurst - Parkhurst International #PI-16 Jakub Voracek

2017-18 Upper Deck Parkhurst - Parkhurst International #PI-24 Mark Streit 
Prominent Prospects (1:12 packs) - 1 - PP-14 Alex Tuch

2017-18 Upper Deck Parkhurst - Prominent Prospects #PP-14 Alex Tuch 
Blow The Horn - 1:10 packs - 1 - BH-5 Alex Ovechkin

2017-18 Upper Deck Parkhurst - Blow the Horn #SH-5 Alexander Ovechkin 
East Vs. West (East 1:13 packs, West 1:13 packs) - 2 - E-2 Auston Matthews, W-2 Patrick Kane

2017-18 Upper Deck Parkhurst - East vs. West #E-2 Auston Matthews 

2017-18 Upper Deck Parkhurst - East vs. West #W-2 Patrick Kane 
I truly think that nobody reading this will notice, but I am one card short in this box.  All the inserts are there, but there's one less base than the previous blaster.  That's because one pack had two insert in it.  The pack with the Alex Tuch Prominent Prospects contained another insert. 

2017-18 Upper Deck Parkhurst - Prominent Prospects - Autographs #PP-11 Tyson Jost
BOOM!  This is by far the top card I've pulled from my first two 2017-18 Parkhurst blasters.  Last season I didn't pull an autograph and honestly I'm not sure that there were any autos in the product.  These are 1:480 packs (1:40 blasters) and this is from Group B and slightly more scarce than some.  Tyson Jost is the rookie that I am pulling early.  I'd prefer if it was Alex DeBrincat, Charlie McAvoy or Brock Boeser, but it could be a lot worse.  If anyone sees this and is interested, let me know.  I'd trade it straight up for the Alex DeBrincat card. 

Thanks for taking a look.  There are three more blasters to open and I will get to them throughout my Christmas break. 

If you shop online and haven't signed up and used ebates yet, you're missing out.  I also use it on eBay to get money back from purchases there.  Between referrals and cash back, I've gotten over $150 in a year (including $15 back on one Black Friday purchase last week).  FREE CARDS!

If you're on Twitter, please give me a follow.  You can also find me on Trading Card Database.  I love trading cards, when it makes sense.  Happy collecting!

2 comments:

  1. I recently picked up 3 blasters of this and was hoping we could wheel and deal to fill in some missing spots in both our collections.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I have a few more to open and should get to that sometime this week.

      Delete