Friday, March 31, 2017

30 Day Card Challenge - Day 1

Tony at the Off Hiatus Baseball blog posted a 30 day baseball card "challenge" for bloggers.  I am going to participate because my incoming mail has slowed dramatically and also because it looks fun.   I have to make it my own, as I'm not too into baseball.  I still buy some, but baseball isn't a passion. Instead, I will just make it cards.  Cards of any sport and maybe a non-sport at some point!

Day #1 -  "A card from the current year with a photo you like."

This is a great first question.  I've actually commented on blogs over the last couple of weeks or so about a particular photo standing out.  Most images are about the same anymore.  There are definitely exceptions like 2016 Stadium Club but they are not the norm.

A couple of posts that I commented on:
Slow and steady...
Retro Review – 1986 Donruss

If you want a really cool one that wasn't obvious at the time, but is now, you should check this one out (on a side note, I really want this card if anyone has one to spare):
Patrick Kane’s “First” Hockey Card

Now that I've promoted some others' blogs, it's time for my choice.

2016-17 Upper Deck #131 Bobby Ryan
Please excuse the crappy phone pic.  I didn't want to take it out of the binder to scan.  It's not that the shot is a great shot of Bobby Ryan.  It's the sign that someone is holding.  I mean, who doesn't love puppies?  If you don't, you're a communist!

I also considered the Jamie Benn card from the set.  If you don't know what it looks like, I think it's worth checking out.

Happy collecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment