Friday, April 28, 2017

Where are all these cards coming from?

Seven days ago, I had seven cards from the 1911 Auto Drivers set.  In the last week, I've received nine more.  I love when I'm at work in the mornings and that ebay notification lights up my phone telling me that my item was delivered.  I know that somewhere between two and three that afternoon, it will be delivered to my desk.  Louis Wagner was the delivery yesterday.

1911 American Tobacco Auto Drivers #25 Louis Wagner

Louis Wagner competed just one in the Indianapolis 500, finishing 26th in the 1919 race.  He won the 1906 Vanderbilt Cup, as mentioned on the back of the card.  Wagner was also the winner of the inaugural United States and British Grand Prix races.

After this pickup, my base set stands at 13/25 cards.  My master set, with all back variations, is at 16/100.  You can see all of my cards from the set on my Collector Focus page.

If you shop online and haven't signed up and used ebates yet, you're missing out.  I also use it on eBay to get money back.  FREE CARDS!  If you're on Twitter, please give me a follow.  Happy collecting!

4 comments:

  1. There is a guy that works at Black Bear in Morgantown that looks like Louis Wagner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's him...can you ask next time you're there?

      Delete
  2. At the rate you're going, you will be done with this set in no time.

    ReplyDelete