Saturday, February 24, 2018

2018 Trading Card Database Trade #8 - Detfan6897

Because I know everyone is waiting on this <sarcasm>, here is the third envelope that I received Tuesday from Trading Card Database trades.  It certainly hit a lot of sets and collections, likely because my trade partner collects multiple sports. 


One more checked off the list for the 2017 Topps 1987 insert set.  


Seven more cards for the 2017 Gypsy Queen set.  As I said yesterday, I feel like I'll never complete this set.  I keep plugging away, though.  I can't even imagine what it would be like to collect a massive set like the Upper Deck 40 Man or Topps Total sets.


It was nice to receive Parkhurst inserts in two envelopes from Tuesday.  There aren't many traders with these on TCDB.  


More inserts for the 2017-18 Series 1 master set build.  


For those that don't know, Jeremy Roenick was my favorite hockey player in the 1990s...until the Blackhawks and their miserly owner traded him away.  You could say that even as a teenager, I was a player supercollector.  At the time he was traded, I had about 90% of his cards that Beckett listed.  That collection had to include the Team 2001 and Career Highlights cards above.  I'm picking up his cards again as I come into them, but only if he's pictured as a Blackhawks.  I have no care for his time with the Flyers, Kings, Sharks, Coyotes and whatever other teams he played for. 

Oh, the O-Pee-Chee Marquee Legend is my second copy of the card but since it's a SP, I figured it wouldn't hurt to have another. 


Once the Blackhawks traded Roenick, there was a dark period where I was a fan and listened to games, but had no favorite player.  Enter Eric Daze.  The big man was a serious goal scorer but unfortunately back issues kept him from living up to what we expected. 

I'm confused by the MVP card above.  It's a Silver Script, but there's no facsimile signature.  It just has his name typed in silver.  I do remember this happening with some players (in other sports as well) back in the day.  Does anyone recall why this happened? 


These four Dazes are my favorites.  I love the Collector's Choice "Young Guns" card from before Young Guns were the thing.  The whatever year Topps Heritage with the wood-grain border was a must have.  Also, I miss Fleer Metal.  Those were always some fun cards. 


My love of wood grain continues with the Mario Lemieux.  I have a couple of Lemieux autographed cards in my collection so I don't collect much else of his.  I figure that nothing is going to compare to them.  I do love that Heritage design.  I wish Topps could do one NHL set a year and it was Heritage.  A man can dream. 

Please ignore the fact that I picked up a 2017-18 MVP Andrew Shaw.  The Black Ice Derian Hatcher was one that I threw in for my fiance's Stars binder.  He was her favorite player.  Other than Mike Modano.  She'd leave me for either of them.


Finally, a couple of set pickups.  The top two were the ones I traded for and he added in the bottom four.  I need to buy some more Conlon boxes and get working on the sets.  A lot of the players are also in the T206 set.  These Conlon cards have great backs (mostly text) and I am excited to learn more about the guys in the T206 set from these. 

If you shop online and haven't signed up and used ebates yet, you're missing out.  I also use it on eBay to get money back from purchases there.  Between referrals and cash back, I've gotten over $150 in a year (including $15 back on one Black Friday purchase last week).  They put $63 in my Paypal account last week!  FREE CARDS!

If you're on Twitter, please give me a follow.  You can also find me on Trading Card Database.  I love trading cards, when it makes sense.  Happy collecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment