Tuesday, May 15, 2018

2018 Trading Card Database Trade #21 - CardsThatTimeForgot -or- A Favorite Buyback

This is one of my favorite trades on TCDB so far, because of one card that I picked up. 

2017 Topps - Rediscover Topps Stamped Buybacks Bronze #366 Mark McGwire

The combination of writing this blog post and the recent sale of some Mike Trout card for $400k has me thinking about "iconic" cards and I'll probably write something about iconic cards on my other blog (Bean's Ballcard Blog).  I'll stop short of calling this an iconic card, but it's probably among my personal top 10 cards of the time I've been collecting.  The opportunity to add it as a buyback was something that I couldn't pass on.  During my first year of card collecting (1987) this was one of the cards I was always hoping to find in a pack as McGwire hit more and more homers on his way to the rookie home run record. 

2017 Topps - Rediscover Topps Stamped Buybacks Bronze #US-326 Miguel Cabrera
Meh.

2018 Topps - 1983 Topps Baseball #83-66 Daniel Murphy
I'm still not sure if I'm going to do this set. 

___________________________________________________________________________

I've decided to try selling on Sports Card Direct again.  Hopefully you'll take a look at my page and see if there's anything you're interested in.  I can always sell off the site and ship in a PWE if you're only looking for a card or two and don't want to pay $3 shipping.  I'm going to start listing more cards daily.  It's time to get out of a lot of my stuff.  


If you shop online and haven't signed up and used ebates yet, you're missing out.  I also use it on eBay to get money back from purchases there.  Between referrals and cash back, I've gotten over $150 in a year.  FREE CARDS!  Another $40 was depostied into my Paypal account last week.


If you're on Twitter, please give me a follow.  You can also find me on Trading Card Database.  I love trading cards, when it makes sense.  Happy collecting!

3 comments:

  1. I remember being jealous of my brother who had the McGwire when we were young. Asshole should have traded it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that McGwire buyback! I’d imagine that one’s a lock for your franken-set...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that McGwire! I used to have it saved on my eBay watchlist... but eventually took it off because they never fell into my price range.

    ReplyDelete