Sunday, January 14, 2018

Box Break & Review - 2017-18 Parkhurst Hockey #5

I should have had this post up much sooner, but it is what it is.  I opened the fifth (and final) 2017-18 Parkhurst blaster I bought.  


In all five blasters, the stated odds have come out of the packs.  There was only one difference between this blaster and the first four.  In this blaster I only received two of the Parkhurst International cards (all others had three) and I pulled two "Blow The Horn" inserts after pulling just one in the previous blasters.  

Once again, the base card collation was good.  I did not receive any duplicates in the box.  The best news is that I got 34 of the 35 cards that I needed to complete my set.  The only card I need is #288 Alex DeBrincat.  I have a copy of it, but it's for my collection as opposed to my set.  I'll get one, somehow.  

I know that I have plenty of cards that Coast to Posts needs to finish his set and I'm hoping he pulled a spare DeBrincat that he can spare.  I've seen a few more blasters available in the last week, but I don't really want to buy more blasters to try and hit one card.  I do still need a lot of inserts, though.  

I have a post planned for tomorrow that isn't card-related, but I hope the card blogging community will have some interest in.  I've also started a new non-sports collection and should begin those posts in the next week.  I probably won't be posting daily anymore, but I will still post.  I'll also be reading and sharing others' posts on Twitter!  

If you shop online and haven't signed up and used ebates yet, you're missing out.  I also use it on eBay to get money back from purchases there.  Between referrals and cash back, I've gotten over $150 in a year (including $15 back on one Black Friday purchase last week).  FREE CARDS!

If you're on Twitter, please give me a follow.  You can also find me on Trading Card Database.  I love trading cards, when it makes sense.  Happy collecting!

1 comment: