Sunday, April 8, 2018

COMC Show & Tell - Hey, (Josh) Judy

A few weeks ago, I had a shipment sent from COMC.  It wasn't just any shipment, it was the largest shipment I've ever received.  I can't speak for anyone else, but years ago when I joined COMC, I never imagined I'd have a 432 card mailday.  What's the most you've had sent on one shipment?

Over the next few weeks, I'll post some of the pickups as I scan, enter them into my Trading Card Database collection and the other many things I do that are completely ridiculous.  I never would have seen this as the future when I started collecting in 1987.

These four cards are ones that I needed for my Josh Judy collectionJudy was born in my hometown and once I discovered that, it was a given that I'd collect his cards.  Per TCDB, there are 56 cards of him, but I think there are a few minor league cards missing.

Many like COMC.  I also see a lot of whiners and complainers about it.  I added all four of these cards to my collection for $1.57.  I'm happy with that.

2011 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects - Chrome Purple Refractors #51 Josh Judy 
I tried scanning this card two different ways.  It makes me happy that the scan reflects that the card is a refractor.  In both scans, the border comes out blue.  I promise, it's purple!

2011 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects - Chrome Refractors #51 Josh Judy 

2011 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects - Chrome #51 Josh Judy 

2011 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects - Gold #51 Josh Judy
Yes, my goal is to have one of every Josh Judy card.  I also realize that with 1/1s it won't happen.  It won't stop me from trying.

At this point, my Judy collection is just over halfway complete.  I don't think it would take anything more than a quick search of Ebay, COMC and Sportlots to get that up to 75%.  In time...



If you shop online and haven't signed up and used ebates yet, you're missing out.  I also use it on eBay to get money back from purchases there.  Between referrals and cash back, I've gotten over $150 in a year.  FREE CARDS!

If you're on Twitter, please give me a follow.  You can also find me on Trading Card Database.  I love trading cards, when it makes sense.  Happy collecting!

6 comments:

  1. My largest was 260 something cards. I'd love to do more but I can't help myself, I usually get antsy and ship them, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My next will be much quicker. Once I sell enough to cover what I've bought since, I will send home. There have been a few purchases, but I have a T205 and two T206s that I'm waiting to get my hands on.

      Delete
    2. I try to wait until I have 100 cards to ship...I like the free money they give you, lol. I'm about halfway there, but likely won't buy anything else until the Spring Cleaning sale next month.

      Delete
    3. Didn't even think about that coming. I need to mark things down heavily and need to look into it. I'm hoping I can go 50% off or something like that.

      Delete
  2. I have had an issue or two with COMC over the years but overall I love it. 432 cards is one big shipment! I had 501 arrive at my door last December - but that was nearly a year's worth of purchases.

    Good luck completing the Josh Judy collection. Four for $1.57 is a great price!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been fortunate not to have any issues. I'm happy with the price and don't understand all the COMC haters. I've have paid $3 or more to ship EACH if I'd bought them on feeBay!

      Delete