Friday, March 23, 2018

Box From 'Bama #5 - 1986 McDonald's Buccaneers

These cards aren't the easiest to find.  I have looked multiple times for an Oliver Luck (Andrew's dad) without success.  It's a shame that all I could find in the shop were Tampa Bay Buccaneers cards but knowing what I do, I figured I'd pick them up.



I can't imagine a more basic front, but I love the card backs.  Look at all of that text, and no Twitter handles!  I wish companies still cared about card backs like this.







Ron Heller is the ONLY one of these guys that I've heard of.




I did see this one and ask myself "Jerry Ball played for the Buccaneers in the mid-80s?"  Not so fast, my friend.



Hopefully these bring back some memories for you and if you have an Oliver Luck McDonald's card, PLEASE let me know!

If you shop online and haven't signed up and used ebates yet, you're missing out.  I also use it on eBay to get money back from purchases there.  Between referrals and cash back, I've gotten over $150 in a year.  FREE CARDS!

If you're on Twitter, please give me a follow.  You can also find me on Trading Card Database.  I love trading cards, when it makes sense.  Happy collecting!

1 comment:

  1. Love the 1986 McDonald's football sets for a few reasons:

    A. Great design.
    B. Regional, restaurant food issue.
    C. Licensed by NFL = Logos

    I haven't chased down the Buccaneers set, but maybe one day. At the very least, I'd love to add the Steve Young to my collection.

    ReplyDelete