Sunday, April 30, 2017

Walking the Plank

Three consecutive hours of work meetings sucks.  There's no way to sugar coat it.  On the bright side, getting back to my desk to find a bubble mailer from Matt of Bob Walk the Plank makes it suck a bit less.  What goodies were inside?


The cards from the 2017 Topps 1987 Topps insert set.  The '87 Topps set was one of the first two (the other was '87 Donruss) that I put together.  The design will always be nostalgic to me.


The last two cards to complete my 1986 Topps set!  The set was the first cards that I ever had.  It was given to me for Christmas 1986 by my uncle.  More than 30 years later and I'm still collecting cardboard pictures!  Unfortunately, the set was still at my dad's when his house burnt down a few years ago.  I decided to hand collate a set for myself, with a little help from my friends.

2016 Immaculate Collection Immaculate Heroes Autographs Red #4 Will Clark
Last and certainly not least was this beauty.  When I first got into baseball, Dale Murphy was my favorite player.  I was also a big Will Clark fan and once Murph left Atlanta, "The Thrill" was my new favorite.  I have three certified Murphy autographs but had never picked up a Clark.  I now have one in my collection, thanks to Matt!  Thanks for the cards and don't worry, I already have a small stack ready to make it back to the hometown!

If you shop online and haven't signed up and used ebates yet, you're missing out.  I also use it on eBay to get money back.  FREE CARDS!  If you're on Twitter, please give me a follow.  Happy collecting!


1 comment:

  1. Glad everything arrived safe and sound. Now that I have a better idea of what baseball things you like it should be easier for me to accumulate.

    ReplyDelete