Friday, March 24, 2017

The COMC Hockeys

A couple of days I posted about the Young Guns cards that came in my latest COMC mailday.  These take a backseat to nothing, but here are the rest of them.

2016-17 Upper Deck Gold Rainbow Foil #40 Artemi Panarin

2016-17 Upper Deck Gold Rainbow Foil #44 Patrick Kane

2016-17 Upper Deck Gold Rainbow Foil #43 Marian Hossa

2016-17 Upper Deck Gold Rainbow Foil #63 John Klingberg
First things first, my scans do the beauty of these cards no justice.  Upper Deck did a fantastic job with them.

I spent a lot of time on ePack for awhile and enjoyed it.  The three Blackhawks cards I "built" myself.  After I saw how cheaply a lot of them were selling for on COMC, I decided against putting in the time and effort.  I bought most of the other Blackhawks (I haven't had them shipped yet) and also the Klingberg.

It's a bit disconcerting that the "top" level cards from series 1 are more abundant and cheaper than the ones from Compendium.  But what can you do?

2015-16 Upper Deck #475 Ryan Hartman
 I'm really happy to see the numbers that Ryan Hartman is pretty quietly putting up for the Blackhawks this season.  I also take joy in seeing the kids that grew up in Chicago (see also: Scott Darling) thriving with the team.  It's definitely a throwback in many ways and you have the think that it's extremely special for a Chicago kid.  He has to much prefer being a Blackhawk to a Canadien!
2014-15 Vienna Beef Chicago Wolves #25 Adam Cracknell
 Adam Cracknell is easily having the best season of his NHL career in 2016-17.  He's reached a career high in games (58), goals (7) and points (11).  I love it for the 31-year old.  The Stars have already signed him to an extension through next season.  He made it to the NHL during the 2010-11 season but so far has just one NHL card, not counting it's two parallels.  I really hope that Upper Deck gets him into either the second or third series of Compendium.  I became a fan early in the season when it seemed like every two or three minutes, the announcers were saying his name again.  In a disappointing season for the Stars, Cracknell has been a bright spot for me.
2012-13 Upper Deck Canvas #C21 Patrick Kane

1995-96 NHL Aces Playing Cards #5D Jeremy Roenick

2016-17 MVP Silver Script #282 Josh Morrissey

2016-17 MVP Green Script #282 Josh Morrissey 

2008-09 Upper Deck Trilogy Combo Clearcut Autographs #CC2JJ Erik Johnson/ Jack Johnson
 I've passively collected Jack Johnson for a few years, since I found out he was born in Indianapolis.  I was living there at the time and there aren't too many NHL players from the city.  I found this one in late December and got a heck of a deal, as a seller was blowing out cards at 90% off.  The scan does it no justice, it's an acetate card and the team logos are underneath the signatures.  It's a fantastic looking card.
1990 Score Rookie/ Traded #100T Eric Lindros
I saw this card on someone's blog awhile back and decided to pick it up.  I remember how hot this card was in 1990 and I couldn't pass on some nostalgia for less than 50 cents.  

If you're on twitter, please follow me @beansbcardblog.

Happy collecting!

4 comments:

  1. That Lindros is a classic, great grab for 50 cents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for clarifying about the scans. Man has Kane been on a roll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is my first visit to your blog, and I am very impressed with the articles that you serve. Give adequate knowledge for me. Thank you for sharing useful material. I will be back for the more great post. hockey india news

    ReplyDelete