Tuesday, March 28, 2017

DBBD: 1995 Finest #105 Jay Buhner

I was definitely a Jay Buhner fan during the 1990s.  It wasn't to the point that I actively collected his cards, but I was a fan nonetheless.  I will always believe that "Bones" was an underrated part of those mid-late 90s Mariners teams.

TRIVIA:  Who did the Mariners send to the Yankees to acquire Jay Buhner?  Was this the worst trade in Yankees history?

On an unrelated note...did anyone actually peel the covering off the Finest cards?

1995 Finest #105 Jay Buhner

1995 Finest #105 Jay Buhner (back) 

2 comments:

  1. Ken Phelps.

    I did peel the plastic off on a couple but have a couple other finest with the film intact. I know Topps did a black film that covered some special insert cards from 1996 or 1997??? You had to peel the film off to reveal one if three players that were depicted on the backside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessir, Ken Phelps!

      I had one of those...I think they were "Mystery Refractors" or something like that.

      Delete