Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Chasing that (Blue) Rainbow

The Andrew Shaw player collection is getting that "THAT" point again.  If you are a player collector, you know the point.  There comes a time where you have all of the easy(er)-to-find cards.  This was has been on the radar awhile but I've just been waiting on the price to drop.  After ending yet another auction as the second highest bidder, I decided to just make an offer on one and see if I could just cross this one off the list.
2015-16 O-Pee-Chee Platinum Blue Rainbow #AS Andrew Shaw

2015-16 O-Pee-Chee Platinum Blue Rainbow #AS Andrew Shaw (back)

The most accurate statement I can make about the collection as this time is "then there were two."  The only two "easy-to-find" cards I need are the 2016-17 Parkhurst Red and Black parallels.  I say that, but there's a fellow collector that has the red for me.  There are blacks available, but I'm waiting for a better price.  I don't want to spend $5 on a parallel card.  

Other than those two cards, everything I need is either numbered to ten or less, an unnumbered but scarce card or one the six cards from the 2016-17 SP Game Used set that hasn't been released yet.  Of those, four should be relatively affordable.  The ones numbered to 15 and 6, I'm not sure what to expect.  

THE ANDREW SHAW PROJECT STATS:
137/183 (74.9%) of all cards per Sports Card Forum
128/141 (90.8%) non-1/1
9/42 different 1/1s (21.4%)
10 additional cards not listed on SCF
Numbers as of January 18, 2017

2 comments:

  1. I've never been much of a player collector but I've gotten to "that" point a few times with WVU guys. Devin eBanks is one where I rarely see something I don't already have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even moreso with players like Ebanks that are no longer getting cards. I'm working to scan and catalog my Russ Davis collection and there's not much available that I don't have at this point. I know Jason has run into that with his Josh Fogg collection as well.

      Delete