Thursday, February 1, 2018

Birthday Blaster: 2017-18 Upper Deck Series 1

My birthday has meant more to me the last four years.  My lovely fiance and I share the same birthday.  Unfortunately she had to work that day, but it left me with a little time to myself.  I needed to return something to Walmart and since it was my birthday, I decided to treat myself to a blaster.


I was hoping that I'd finish off my base set.  Come to find out, my base set was already completed after a couple of trades on Trading Card Database.  Oops. 



There should be two Young Guns in each blaster and I still need plenty of them for the set.  My first was Pierre-Luc Dubois.  He's one of the better rookies, so I beat the odds on this one.  I knew that I wouldn't end up with two complete duds. 






My second Young Guns card was Calle Rosen.  His card is lower-end but I needed it for the set.  All things considered, I will count that as a win. 





I'm still trying to pick a copy of the Alex DeBrincat Oversized Young Guns card.  If anyone reads this and has one they want to trade for this Alexander Nylander, a Tyson Jost or a Tage Thompson, I'm your Huckleberry. 

If you shop online and haven't signed up and used ebates yet, you're missing out.  I also use it on eBay to get money back from purchases there.  Between referrals and cash back, I've gotten over $150 in a year (including $15 back on one Black Friday purchase last week).  FREE CARDS!

If you're on Twitter, please give me a follow.  You can also find me on Trading Card Database.  I love trading cards, when it makes sense.  Happy collecting!

1 comment:

  1. Haven't watched Tombstone in years. Looks like I've got something to look forward to this weekend.

    ReplyDelete