Thursday, February 22, 2018

2018 Trading Card Database Trade #6 - Tgrs_4_me

There's good and bad about having mail delivered to my office.  The bad is that our mail room is closed on Saturdays so oftentimes I have to wait a couple of extra days to receive trade envelopes.  Add that to the "holiday" Monday and when the mail call came Tuesday afternoon, I had THREE envelopes.  WOOHOO!  All three were from trading on Trading Card Database.  I'll post them over the next few days. 

I probably "overpaid" on this trade, but I'm trying to make some solid progress on the 1987 Topps insert set from last year.  I traded off 22 cards for these.  Nothing of much value, but I paid $3 to ship and when you break it down, I wouldn't spend $3 at a card show for these cards.  Unfortunately the only cards my trading partner needed were commons, so it is what it is. 


This puts me three cards closer to the 1987 Topps insert set from last year.  The Andrew Shaw project is no more and I will likely begin selling off cards soon, but just in case I change my mind I picked up the 2017-18 MVP card. 

I can't believe how much money I put into Shaw cards.  Please, don't ask.  It was such an obsession for a few years but the combination of his trade to Montreal and my growing apathy toward overpriced modern cards killed the fun.  Hopefully I can recoup half the money I put into the collection.

If you shop online and haven't signed up and used ebates yet, you're missing out.  I also use it on eBay to get money back from purchases there.  Between referrals and cash back, I've gotten over $150 in a year (including $15 back on one Black Friday purchase last week).  They put $63 in my Paypal account last week!  FREE CARDS!

If you're on Twitter, please give me a follow.  You can also find me on Trading Card Database.  I love trading cards, when it makes sense.  Happy collecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment