Thursday, May 11, 2017

30 Day Card Challenge - Day 9

Today's card is "one of your favorite cards from the 1950s."



The 1930s and 1940s would be easy for me.  I've already used the 1955 Bowman Frank Gatski earlier in this series.  So I decided on a card from a set I'm passively working on.

1955 Topps All American #37 Jim Thorpe
I picked this card up raw from Indy Card Exchange four or five years ago.  After moving to Fort Worth, I submitted it for the BGS grading at a local show.  It is certainly one of the cornerstones of my collection.

If you shop online and haven't signed up and used ebates yet, you're missing out.  I also use it on eBay to get money back.  Between referrals and cash back, I've gotten over $100 in about six months.  FREE CARDS!  If you're on Twitter, please give me a follow.  Happy collecting!

Two Birds, One Stone (30 Day Card Challenge - Day 6)
30 Day Card Challenge - Day 7
30 Day Card Challenge - Day 8

2 comments:

  1. Such an iconic card. This would be a cornerstone card for any football collection.

    ReplyDelete